Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
As someone who was a big Doctor Who fan, this article captured my attention. Because I am in the field I commonly find costume designer's sketches, fabrics, and work on display. However, I often feel that museums or other public places ignore highlighting the process it took someone to get to a final product. Maybe because I am not looking in the right places, but I believe this lack of appropriate credit is more prevalent in the film industry.
I am happy to hear that Birmingham City University is opening an exhibit about an artist who's profession is often overlooked. As someone as talented as Joyce Hawkins deserves recognition, and I would be curious to see the interest at the Costume Matters exhibit. I find it particularly fascinating that exhibition's purpose of the bring awareness to an overlooked part of television production, as well as how costume design has evolved over the decades.
Post a Comment