CMU School of Drama


Thursday, October 01, 2026

Evil Socialist NYC Mayor Wants To Take 70,000 New Yorkers To The Opera, Evilly

www.wonkette.com: New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani announced on Thursday that the city, in partnership with the Metropolitan Opera, will be organizing a lottery that will give out 70,000 tickets to the opera to New York City residents every year, allowing people who might not otherwise have had the opportunity to go and experience a night at one of the best opera houses in the world.

1 comment:

Prudence Dwyer said...

Always nice to see a good thing happen in America, especially involving the arts! I am, admittedly a little curious to see how they'll restrict the program solely to those who have never been to the opera before (though I understand why that's important), but frankly Mamdani has built up enough goodwill as a politician with me that I'm willing to just trust him. Opera has notoriously ornate and intricate sets, so hopefully this program will open the eyes of young New Yorkers to the beautiful world of set design.

(Also, and I only just discovered this today by going to the Met Opera's website, did YOU know that CMU students have free access to Met Opera on Demand? We can watch a bunch of proshots of Met shows, for free, as long as we're on the school wi-fi. Neat!)