CMU School of Drama


Thursday, July 30, 2026

Kids' Night on Broadway Sets August Return; 21 Shows Are Participating

Playbill: Kids' Night on Broadway, a program of The Broadway League that sends kids 18 and under to Broadway shows for free as long as they're accompanied by a full-paying adult, will return August 25.

1 comment:

Jackson Watts said...

Live theatre is unique and in many ways the draw of live theatre can only be understood by seeing a show yourself. I think that many people in live entertainment can remember at some point seeing a show just because it was important to their friends or parents. If you're anything like me the first time that you saw a show live it didn't really seem all that special compared to movies or tv shows. But at some point it clicked and it suddenly made sense that live entertainment is different than prerecorded movies. I think that this is a great opportunity to give this experience to children in an affordable manner. Including a talkback especially shows that live theater is a truly unique experience to kids. I hope that this event and events like it inspire a life long love of theater in the younger generation like I found attending theatre as a kid.