CMU School of Drama


Friday, August 27, 2021

Photos: Henry Lee's Reimagined Lego Broadway Sets Are on Display This Fall at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts

www.broadwayworld.com: Company, Follies, Evita, The Phantom of the Opera, A Little Night Music, Sweeney Todd. These popular Broadway shows and iconic sets will be seen like never before in the new pop-up installation opening September 17, 2021 at The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts in Lincoln Center, thanks to artist Henry Lee of Lego Broadway Sets. Brick By Brick, Putting It Together: The Broadway Set Miniatures of Henry Lee showcases Lee's intricate, miniature reimaginings of set designs built with LEGO® bricks.

1 comment:

Keen said...

I love miniatures! I love models! And while I am not an avid user of Lego blocks, I do love when people use them to recreate or re-imagine real things, especially when they recreate it with a truly stunning amount of detail. I went and looked for Henry Lee online and it seems that he is pretty young, he is even expected to graduate with a BFA in theatre the same year I will. I found his Instagram page for the Lego Broadway sets that he makes (@legobroadwaysets). There are so many of them, so phenomenally constructed in painstaking detail. They even have a variety of miniature working light fixtures (like lamps, stage lights, wall sconces, chandeliers, “neon” signs, etc.). There are also little Lego figures decked out in costumes. If I were in New York this winter, I would definitely like to go see this pop up exhibit.