CMU School of Drama


Friday, February 28, 2020

Fuller: Does What Happened In D.C. Stay In D.C.?

www.ticketnews.com: Yesterday, February 26, 2020 there was yet another ticket hearing on Capitol Hill. Congress is looking into whether the ways in which live event tickets are sold disadvantage consumers. The answer is not complex. It’s yes.

There to be questioned were representatives from six big ticketing companies: Ticketmaster, AXS, StubHub, Vivid Seats, Tickets.com and TicketNetwork. These companies didn’t send their flacks, they sent their assassins.

1 comment:

Kaylie said...

This is really great news! I rarely go to concerts because it is impossible to truly budget for them because of all the added fees. Eliminating all of the unfair practices of ticket resale sites would get me to actually go to a concert for once. I am hopeful that the efforts to eliminate speculative ticket selling and added fees will come to fruition. I am also not surprised to read that our data is being stolen and sold, whatever that means. I have spent a lot of time trying to truly wrap my head around what it means for my data to be sold and what the purpose of that is and I still feel like it is something I do not really understand. Either way, I hope something is done about that. While many of us may not be bothered by the selling of our data, the more data that is sold, the more companies can target ads for and manipulate every single person regardless of whether their particular data was compromised. Much like herd immunity that comes from vaccines, we should all be vigilant with our data even if we feel like it won’t personally affect us because it will affect everyone around us.