CMU School of Drama


Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ewan McGregor now will direct 'American Pastoral' shooting in Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Ewan McGregor will do double duty when he comes to Pittsburgh later this year. He not only will star in “American Pastoral” but he will make his directorial feature film debut.

Variety reports he will direct and star alongside Jennifer Connelly and Dakota Fanning. At one time, Fisher Stevens was announced as the director and then Phillip Noyce was scheduled to direct the adaptation of Philip Roth’s book.

1 comment:

Chase Del Rey said...

I love how he says "a story I have to tell." I can really relate to that mindset. He didn't come out for just any film, but for a project that really stuck out to him. To me, that says so much about his character. To me, that is my biggest motivation...to get to a place in my career where I can pick my projects. Where it's not about participating solely to pay the bills and survive, but because the work speaks to me and I want to do the work for fulfillment and a sense of satisfaction for my soul. <54102> 54102