CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Ayrton Perseo builds Castle of Light in Edinburgh

ETNow.com: There are few cities blessed with a more spectacular landscape than Edinburgh. Overlooking the city’s Old Town and with views stretching from the heights of Arthur’s Seat and the Palace of Holyrood to the Palladian elegance of the Georgian architecture north of Princes Street is Edinburgh Castle. As well as housing the Scottish Crown Jewels and the legendary Stone of Destiny, the Castle provides a natural centrepiece for events and celebrations in the city throughout the year, including the Edinburgh Tattoo and the Edinburgh Festival.

2 comments:

Alexa Janoschka said...

I love Edinburgh! I wish I could go see this. I was only able to be in Edinburgh for 2 days (I was able to go to the Fringe Festival) The architecture in Scotland is amazing, so when they add this artistic element it completely changes the landscape (which is very cool) I don’t think I saw this particular castle when I visited but I did look up a photo (without the lighting) and it drastically changes how you see the building. The designs are very dramatic, to say the least. There are very vivid color choices! Is this an article that is advertising the lights that they used? So my opinion artistic is that I am intrigued by the light show, but it is very different than what I think I would have done. I find the final design great but I would have tried to emphasize the actual character of the physical building. I feel that the vivid choices made in this design distract from the actual architecture (but that was most likely the point)

Reesha A. said...

I think anything related to lights makes me very happy so the fact that someone created a castle of light has me on the moon. I really wish I could go and see this because by the way of the article, it is a not- to- miss creation, full of lights creating environments that have an exciting vibe, ready to serve the imaginations of its viewers.
On top of that, the setting of this castle is also so cool. I think I have always enjoyed being in Edinburgh to the point that this creation just makes me want to be there all over again. The city, in its own has this vibe of elegance that a creation surrounding lights just seems to add to that elegance, like a whole new atmosphere, surrounded by beautiful lights and a gorgeous city.
I really hope that anyone who does attend this festival has the best time there.