CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Professional esports gets its first home in America

SBNation.com: The United States will be getting its first pro-focused esports arena in Columbus, Ohio when Major League Gaming opens the doors to MLG.tv Arena in late-October.

An existing building close to Easton Mall will be revamped with "a main stage set up, sound proof booths, lights, video screens, bleachers, monitors, IT and video equipment to broadcast via MLG.tv," Katie Goldberg of MLG tells SB Nation.

1 comment:

Katie Pyne said...

I chose to comment on this article because I had no idea was an "esport" was. I was hoping to lean what it was and what it was doing in Columbus, Ohio. There wasn't much about esports themselves, obviously, because the article isn't about that, but I would have liked a little bit more background. However, having a 14,000 ft^2 arena filled with all these electronics is incredible. There are literally going to be computers everywhere. I'm really interested in how they're getting all their power. What the are specs of the venue? Are there special precautions that the venue's taking in order to prevent electrical overload? I'm intrigued.