CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Asian Lantern Festival brings spectacular display of lights, culture to Pittsburgh Zoo

Pittsburgh City Photos | Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh City Paper: The spectacular lights of the Asian Lantern Festival have returned for the second year in a row, bringing over 50 towering handcrafted sculptures to the pathways of the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. This year's all-new display highlights Asian culture and history while showcasing endangered and extinct animals, including lanterns as tall as 30 feet high and 100 feet long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This article is about the Aisan lantern display at the Pittsburgh zoo. Majoring specifically in theater design, I often forget that the skills I’m learning can be applied to different areas than just in the theater. Not only can I work in the theater working on designs for performances, but I can also use these skills for different events and projects in the world. Like in this instance, I can use the lighting design skills I’ll learn for cultural events that are put on in the city, or I can use them to light luaus at home, or things like movies and television, or amusement parks and concerts, or even different corporate programs and events. Hearing about the different things people do with their design & production degrees has helped me to think outside the box in terms of what types of things I’ll be able to accomplish with this interest.

Ava Notarangelo