CMU School of Drama


Monday, August 29, 2022

The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust Announces the 2022-2023 season for Liberty Magic

onStage Pittsburgh: At 811 Liberty Avenue in the Cultural District – the same block where Harry Houdini once mesmerized Pittsburghers in 1916 — Liberty Magic is an intimate, speakeasy-style performance space perfectly designed to showcase magic. Since its surprise opening in 2019, Liberty Magic has become an essential stop for the world’s best magicians and one of the only venues in America specifically dedicated to the craft of magic.

1 comment:

Madison Gold said...

I am actually really glad that I came across this article because I had no idea that this little theatre was in Pittsburgh. Nor did I know that Houdini once performed here. I have been to a couple magic shows and I have always loved them but I never sought them out myself. They always come to me. I think that it is so cool that this theatre is solely dedicated to magic performances. I am also glad that they were able to survive Covid after opening just before it hit. It seems like they have a pretty good line up with some fun descriptions. Now I just need to decide which one or ones that I’ll be able to go to. It did seem interesting that there was only one seemingly female identifying name on the line up. I would need to do more research but it makes me wonder if the representation is that scarce in the whole industry of if it is just in this theatre in Pittsburgh.