CMU School of Drama


Thursday, October 08, 2020

Trump Ends Negotiations On The HEROES Act; Equity Responds

www.broadwayworld.com: Actors' Equity Association has released the following statement in response to Donald Trump's tweet asking the Senate to block all coronavirus relief until after the election.

"The President's reckless and irresponsible decision to postpone relief talks while most of the arts and entertainment sector is unemployed is an insult not just to our members, but Americans everywhere who will suffer with a slower and more uncertain economic recovery,"

1 comment:

Rhiannnon said...

I clicked on this article originally wondering what the HEROS act was and then I remembered it was the 10 billion dollar relief for the entertainment Industry. I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump doesn’t support it but I was not expecting that first line in the article. Donald Trump what’s to postpone all corona virus all until after the election? I can’t wrap my head around why?? Americans need that relief now. I don’t see the benefit for him in postponing it either because if anything more low income people who rely on stimulus checks would support him for his eagerness to get them out. I just don’t understand it. I am relieved to find however that Equity make sure that the bill ensures that those who earn a mix of traditional (W-2) and independent (1099) employment income can receive unemployment assistance through the CARES Act, because most designers and actors are technically independent workers.