Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
Live Design: "United Scenic Artists (USA) 829 has officially been given jurisdiction to represent Projection Design by the IATSE."
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Its good that there is finally a place for projection designers to belong, formally. With Projection design becoming increasingly more prevalent in the entertainment industry it was really only a matter of time before USA or another union would find a place for them. I wonder if this will result in more projection design in union productions.
Projection design is a newer part of the design side of theatre. I am glad that someone is starting to represent/form a group for those projection designers that are in the business.
2 comments:
Its good that there is finally a place for projection designers to belong, formally. With Projection design becoming increasingly more prevalent in the entertainment industry it was really only a matter of time before USA or another union would find a place for them. I wonder if this will result in more projection design in union productions.
Projection design is a newer part of the design side of theatre. I am glad that someone is starting to represent/form a group for those projection designers that are in the business.
Post a Comment