CMU School of Drama


Saturday, February 09, 2008

Student Design Challenge

Autodesk Education: "You sketch all over napkins and paper scraps. You think about how you could have designed the latest gadget just a little bit better. You can't wait to design your ultimate, green, dream home. Join the Autodesk® Student Design Challenge, it's the perfect way to share those masterpieces with the rest of the world. It's also a chance to get your work in front of an international panel of industry and Autodesk experts. And, of course, there are fantastic prizes for the selected winners. For bragging rights and the chance to win great prizes, go build something!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is kind of cool in terms of being able to get your work seen by a lot of people in possibly important places. I don't really think this contest is about winning the Xbox or the full version of Maya 2008 but about getting your stuff together and out there. Though all and all I think the fact that Autodesk holds this sort of thing is a great way to encourage upcoming professionals.

Anonymous said...

The prizes look great. Five winners? hrm. I think the drama designers will bring a lot of various talents from our department everywhere from costumes to lighting. I just wish I was in a better state of more efficiently expressing myself.. hopefully when I get farther into this program. Maybe when I master drafting and graduate from autocad.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of it being a student design contest, because not only does this open students up to the opportunity to get their work ot there. But it lets us see what other students are doing and where we stand as designers. Though an xbox would be cool as would Maya 2008, this is about the design and how well autocad and other autodesk products are being utilized

Anonymous said...

This contest sound really cool. Regardless of the Xbox etc. which I probably wouldn’t be able to figure out anyway, this almost inspires me to enter something like this. Which is strange, because usually I wouldn’t be nearly confident enough. Either way, I hope they have some sort of way for the public to view more of the entries, not just the winners.