CMU School of Drama


Saturday, February 09, 2008

Kings of the Dimensional Jungle

Sign Builder: The jungle-themed, family-friendly Rainforest Cafe boasts a colorful menu, a colorful decor, and a colorful array of signage at locations across the country and around the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all I love that this article is an online version of an article that was actually published.

Second, I think this project sounds really cool to work on and may be the sort of direction I want to go in my career. Though I find it rather amusing that though a lot of the work is done by machine that the processes used are based from the original way to do it by hand. This kind of stuff is really cool to me because it makes you use everything you know; artistry, technology, management, materials, and "tetris skills."

dmxwidget said...

I am amazed what people can do with foam these days. It seems that using foam for signs, set pieces, props...etc is a great way to get something that is light and that will not injure someone, if it were to fall. There are downsides to foam, it can break easily and when corners are nicked, paint peels. It would be nice if there was some type of foam that was really durable and could hold up to some abuse, it is only a matter of time until that happens.