CMU School of Drama


Saturday, February 09, 2008

Give my regards to ... Osseo

Star Tribune: "When Jessica and Jason Peterson imagined where they'd open their own theater, they didn't think New York, or Chicago, or even Minneapolis.
They thought Osseo.
'People are always like, 'Osseo? What's in Osseo?'' Jessica said."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great. I think that if I weren't from New York and intending to end up back there, this is the kind of thing i would want to do. it would have to be in a perfect location like this, but i think the great thing about this is its showing the town that theatre can be small but professional at once.

Anonymous said...

That's interesting to me. I wonder where they will get the money to create a whole theatre. I hope they can pull it off. People may choose not to go however since the theatre is a for profit theatre. But that's defiantly unique making a theatre in a strip mall next to a cafe. That alone should bring in some business.

AShotInTheArm said...

I just read a New York magazine the other day titled,
"The Boom is Bust, Would a New York with less money be a happier place?"
This might be a clear indication that New York really is filled with an incredible amount of money.
However, it's refreshing to hear that there are areas in this country where not only is theatre possible, but it's affordable. I hope they do succeed, because without theatres like the Peterson's, we might not truly understand the responsibility and risk that is involved in creating a theatre