CMU School of Drama


Monday, February 11, 2008

'Aftermath' tells soldiers' Iraq stories - via blogs, interviews

San Francisco Chronicle: "'It's a funny thing about getting sniped,' one of the three soldiers taking cover behind a tank chokes out as the men dissolve in giddy laughter. 'For some reason, any time you come real close to death, and survive - that's absurdly funny.'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Initially my reaction to reading the idea for this text was that it was too personal and too close to home. I was assuming again that people would be offended that their personal lives were being exposed on a stage. After reading their reasoning, I have a completely different opinion. It is true that things have been swept over and the war hardly seems as real to those who are not directly affected. In that sense I think that this is a much needed exposure to a reality that continues whether we face it or not.