CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 27, 2020

VR, Theatre and the Importance of Immersion

ZipScene Magazine: Wojtek Markowski is the producer of the Polish experimental lab Dream Adoption Society. Together with the director of the company, Krzysztof Garbaczewski and other team members they create performances that are taking place both in physical and virtual reality. Markowski graduated from Lodz Film School, and after that he was producing video art, documentaries and commercial projects as well.

1 comment:

J.D. Hopper said...

Well, is this not interesting? I thought the headline was at the very least. Something that I have discussed with my imaginarium group members as we finished up the animation that we were going to present was the idea of making in an immersive experience in virtual reality some how. Seeing this article made me think of the possibility of creating a video game. Maybe I will try to make that experience into a video game. We shall see. However, this article has more to do with live virtual experiences generated by people who are also hooked into the system at the time. I see that they are using Unity Hub, a software that I was recommended to download as well to try and make our imaginarium into an experience within the third dimension. I think that their definition of performance is very interesting because in a way it really is a performance.