CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, November 20, 2019

IAAPA Expo 2019 kicks off in Orlando

www.themeparkinsider.com: The 2019 IAAPA Expo kicked off this morning with the introduction of a new class into the IAAPA Hall of Fame and the opening of its 13.5-acre show floor.

This year's Hall of Fame inductees are Fred Langford, called the father of the modern water slide - the first person to use fiberglass in a water slide design, and Alberto Zamperla, the head of the Zamperla company, one of the largest ride manufacturers in the world.

1 comment:

Bianca Sforza said...

I really enjoyed reading this article. I have always been a big fan of theme parks. There is a really cool elective offered next semester on theme park design, but sadly the waitlist is comprised of 64 people for a 22 person class and there are two more days until I register for classes. The convention the article focuses on looks super cool, and I really enjoy how they explain and show that while they do talk about theme parks and roller coasters, but there are also roller coasters right there on the floor for people to see and ride. I wish this article was longer, and I rarely like to read more, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading about different technologies that were being introduced. I also thought it was really cute how they highlighted one of the recent award winners. Their theme was popcorn with derpy faces, how could somebody not like that. Their merchandise is super cute and only a couple people have corn allergies, so it is a versatile theme.