CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, January 22, 2014

25 Women Poised to Lead the Culture in 2014

Flavorwire: Look: I don’t like writing these lists either. I long for the day in which I will no longer have to write them, when women will just be the people participating in the culture as full human beings like everyone else, because the culture will have quit giving disproportionate airtime to the other gender. In the meantime: Don’t listen to the old fogeys who insist that the reason women don’t make a lot of noise in the culture is that they do unremarkable work. You just don’t hear enough about the remarkable work. Here are 25 women who will do great things this year.

1 comment:

Lindsay Child said...

Something I noticed about this list is how many of the authors on it were labelled as Young Adult authors. While I'm a huge fan of YA fiction, it seems to have become one of the few genres in which a female author can become successful (romance being another one). I would love to see a list compiled of female authors who don't write literature exclusively geared to the "hormonally imbalanced" (teenagers and women).