CMU School of Drama


Monday, February 11, 2008

Dance and Politics? How the 2008 Presidential Election May Affect YOU!

Dancer Universe Blog: "As CNN put it, the issues are not the issue for many voters this year, especially the young ones. While leadership qualities such as charisma and likeability are definitely important, I believe it is in our best interests as a people to read up on where each candidate stands in regards to the issues that will affect our lives. I doubt many dancers, performers, choreographers, and company owners know that political elections are of paramount importance to their careers and livelihoods as artists."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the brief overview of the candidate's positions, I don't think any of us need to start looking for alternative careers yet. I agree that voting is something that needs to be done by looking at the candidate's position on issues, and not because of if they're likeable or not. I think this is a general thing, though. It goes for any situation, not just for the artists concerned that our National Endowement fund will be taken away. I think we're in the clear for now. If there was a candidate that was making it their sole goal to abolish funding of the arts, then we might have to worry....

Anonymous said...

It reads to me that Obama specifically has some plans and goals he wants to achieve within his times. I know that culture and arts may not be th most important achievements that one may want to consider during the years in the White House, but it's always nice when the work artists do are acknowledged... with some benefits or some funds... hopefully in the near future...