CMU School of Drama


Friday, February 08, 2008

As WGA Nears Deal, Is SAG Next?

Backstage: "The strike's impending resolution has heartened studios, specialty divisions and mini-majors that a host of development projects could suddenly be jump-started."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the strike is over and everyone is content but the damage looks pretty bad. Eventually in summer/winter of 2008 there is going to be a portion of time where no movies are going to be coming out by big studios. This is upsetting esspecially since this year has not started off to well either. The only thing this will do is create more buzz for "Indie Films" which isnt a bad thing. Hopefully I will not get yelled at for bringing out the "I" word again.

Anonymous said...

I'm inclined to disagree with Bart. I don't think that we will be seeing a lack of big-studio movies, just a lack of quality movies that weren't rushed to fill the theaters. Now if SAG goes on strike within the next month, then we may get a big gap in Big-Studio movies, but that could also spell some huge issues for Hollywood in general. I feel like the article did not address much about the possibility of a SAG strike, just what movies are probably going to get green-lit before others.