CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

10 Takeaways from TEDxBroadway

Ken Davenport - Opinions from a Broadway Producer: I had high expectations for the first ever TEDxBroadway, but we were blown away by the presentations given by our big-brained speakers. It was an exciting and inspiring day and all of us were so thankful to each and every presenter, and especially to each and every audience member who gave up a day's worth of work and $100 to focus on what Broadway could be in twenty years.

1 comment:

Timothy Sutter said...

After reading last week's article about the predictions of what would occur at TEDxBroadway, I am thrilled to hear that it was a success. I feels that this perspective on the event had a lot of really good things to say. My personal favorite one was "Schools + Broadway = Success." This for me is especially true. I feel that is is crucial for the success of the theater industry to utilize the next generation to continue on with progress. By appealing to students and capturing their imagination early on, you insure an audience and appeal for all future.