CMU School of Drama


Friday, March 30, 2018

World Theatre Day > Message

TCG: Theatre Communications Group: It’s a moment of communion, an unrepeatable encounter, not found in any other secular activity. It’s the simple act of a group of people choosing to come together in the same place at the same time to take part in a shared experience. It’s an invitation to individuals to become a collective, to share ideas, and envision ways to divide the burden of necessary actions… to slowly recover their human connectedness and find similarities rather than differences. It’s where a specific story can trace the lines of universality… Here lies the magic of theatre; where representation recovers its archaic properties.

1 comment:

Kelly Simons said...

I did not post anything for World Theatre Day, so I will consider this my social media post celebrating the holiday. As the only arts-oriented member of my family, I think my folks did not know what to make of my love for theatre, and when I discovered my passion for it I was just as cnfused. I do not think they knew where it came from, and neither do I honestly. Regardless, being involved in theatre has changed my life. Every day I get to help make art, something that very few people ever get to do in their entire lifetime. I'm grateful for thetare and the friends it has brought me too, as well as a means for me to be really good at something. Happy belated World Theatre Day, I can not imagine my life without the stage, although I will never be one to to act on it.