Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Tuesday, October 06, 2026
Springboard to Design Launches Virtual Sessions Featuring Designers and Industry Professionals
BroadwayWorld: Springboard to Design has launched a new series of virtual programming featuring industry professionals and Tony Award–winning artists, building on the success of its summer initiative. Designed for emerging designers, students, and theatre educators, the virtual series provides direct access to leading professionals from across the field.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have personally followed Springboard to Designs programming for the past few years, ever since their launch with American Theatre Wing, which was backed by Design Action. Around that time I was assisting a designer who was a member of Design Action, which is an intergenerational coalition of BIPOC and white designers. I find the mission of all of these organizations to be critical and inspiring in our current landscape. I am excited by the launch of these virtual sessions, I know over the summer they had some really interesting sessions on how to draft in vectorworks and the associated lighting workflow on Broadway. I find this an exciting opportunity to expand their reach with virtual programming - I think having such a wide breadth of disciplines back by such prolific designers really opens up a treasure trove of opportunities for young designers. I am excited to look into opportunities to how this might be able to aid me.
Post a Comment