CMU School of Drama


Thursday, October 13, 2022

Workhouse Arts Center's 'Haunt' is a fabulous display of spookiness and fun

DC Theater Arts: I should start with some facts. I don’t like to be scared. I am a self-proclaimed giant baby, whom my husband and my children (and so-called friends) revel in jump-scaring because my reactions are so easy and, to quote, “hilarious.” So then you might ask: Why would I voluntarily choose to attend The Workhouse’s annual Haunt? Well, like most things nowadays, it’s complicated.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love to see articles that are centered around “I didn’t think i was going to like this but here’s why I did like it”. I think that in the world of theater especially, it’s important to try things that might be out of our comfort zones. I also like that this event seemed more than your typical haunted walk. It seemed like they made it into a whole family friendly evening which is really nice to see. Having local food vendors is an awesome way to support your community and increase attendance. It also seems like this haunt was really well organized. I have been at haunted walks before where there’s people everywhere and there’s really no system on how people get in and how long they take inside. I love the idea of having groups of 10 go through at a time and being able to space it out that way.