CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Broadway By Design: Beowulf Boritt, Tyler Micoleau, Alex Basco Koch & Ryan Rumery Bring BE MORE CHILL from Page to Stage

www.broadwayworld.com: Who is Annie without her red dress? Or Eva with out her balcony? It is the charge of the Broadway designer to transport the audience into the world of a show, whether it be Great Depression-era New York City or outside of the Casa Rosada.

In Broadway by Design, BroadwayWorld is shining a spotlight on the stellar designs of this Broadway season, show by show. Today, we continue the series with Beowulf Boritt, Tyler Micoleau, Alex Basco Koch, and Ryan Rumery, who acted as scenic, lighting, projection and sound designers for Broadway's big upgrade, Be More Chill.

1 comment:

Hsin said...

It is always exciting to know all the little talks about how a great show was designed in first place, some of them are fun, some of them are understandable, and this article is just detailed and plain. When I am choosing what show for me to go to, I really enjoy this kind of contemporary musicals which talk about the modern stories in a more realistic perspective. I like to see how other people in my generation take on the situation that I found difficult. To put pages into the real design is always a challenge for me. There are so many possibilities, and it feels almost guilty to cross any one of them off the list. I found I can relate my self a lot to many designers’ action in this article, such as looking back at 90’s art and extract something out of them. Or just look back to our young age, try to remember how we made through those years.