CMU School of Drama


Monday, September 17, 2012

J-O-B PM

Jobs | THE WOOSTER GROUP: The Wooster Group seeks a detail-oriented person to manage all production areas of our nonprofit experimental theater company. Primary responsibilities include overseeing all technical aspects (set construction, audio, video, and lighting) of new and repertory productions, management of design and technical teams, setting technical schedules, prepping and managing all national and international tours, and oversight of maintenance of the Group's home base theater, The Performing Garage. Knowledge of computer aided drafting and experience with international touring essential. Job includes travel on tour for 8-14 weeks/year. Salary in high-$30k/low-$40k range, based on experience, plus health and dental benefits. Send cover letter and resume to mail@thewoostergroup.org with the subject line: PM Search.

4 comments:

rmarkowi said...

I would do this. I also would meet most of the qualifications, except I haven't done a lot of theatre school yet...at all. But, I think that theatre jobs are everywhere, I hope it's that way in 4 years, and yeah. That's awesome. GO Wooster.

tspeegle said...

This job description highlights one of my main fears. I don't have drafting experience, nor do I know how to use drafting software. Many job descriptions that I am seeing have this a important credential in order to apply for the position. Should learning how to draft become a priority for me? It may be beneficial to my career.

JamilaCobham said...

Agreed Taylor, it seems to be something that many companies seem to require. Many people say.."oh you don't need to know how to draft or use Auto Cad!" however of late I have been thinking maybe I do. It wouldn't hurt to know how to use the programs, as any gained knowledge is an asset, but I just find it interesting that that is mentioned there. I would love to know why they would want the PM to know how to draft, unless they just want you to have basic knowledge, which I guess is good.

Devrie Guerrero said...

It should be more important for a PM to be able to read a drafting and understand the conventions involved. The best way to learn and understand the conventions would be to learn to draft. It helps so that you can be involved in conversations and be able to converse about things in a discussion and help you to see potential problems, as well as, solutions.