Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Thursday, November 15, 2007
"Wintuk" falls short of Cirque du Soleil's best
Yahoo! News: "The seemingly unstoppable Cirque du Soleil enters the family entertainment arena with a new production that clearly is aiming to be a New York holiday perennial on a par with Radio City's Christmas show."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's sad to hear that the latest in Cirque is not up to par with their other shows. It sounds like part of it is a lack of idea's but also the venue after their other shows are in such vast spaces. It is good to hear that it is still a must see though even if it is not the very best.
in truth im not so surprised that this production was not quite up to par. the low ceiling is such a hindrance to the larger than life aspect that they need. but at the same time i'm a little sad that we are so jaded as to not be impressed with cirque du soleil anymore. i dont know if its their fault for not putting on a show as exciting as we expected or ours for expecting too much.
I think it's interesting that they say it's not up to par but you still HAVE TO SEE IT BECAUSE IT'S AMAZING. I have tickets to this show for January so I'm excited to see it. It'll be my first Cirque show but I think it'll be so much more than i expect it to be though it may not be the best. If this is a "bad" review then I think I'll be way more than happy after seeing it.
Post a Comment