Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Carnegie's dinosaurs strike a new pose
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: "The Steelers aren't the only Pittsburgh dynasty celebrating an anniversary. Dinosaur Hall at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Oakland turns 100 this year. And the original all-star dinosaur team is back after more than two years in hibernation."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is AWESOME. I can't wait to see it when I'm off TECH. I love when museums do cool things with conventional display material. Dinosaurs are always cool to look at but you can only look at bones piled together for so long before you start walking faster to get to the taxidermy or the bat exhibit (there's always a bat exhibit).
Theres so much cool exhibits to look at in Pittsburgh, I am actually pretty surprised. This city is not as dead as I thought it would be. Well will definately go see that! knowing its like a 10 minute walk. :)
I really want to go see this. It sounds like a really cool and multfaceted exhibit. The dinosaurs that stick out most in my mind are the huge bones from the Natural History Museum in NY, but they are always in the that huge, echoey marble hall surrounded by dark polished wood. I can't wait to see the dinosaurs in their own environments and see all the advances in the biomechanics.
The dinosaurs were always the most exciting things to see as a kid. They were so awe inspiring, I was often left breathless. I'm glad the museums is bringing them back so kids today can learn more about dinosaurs and still get excited by these fantastic creatures.
Post a Comment