Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Tip: Bet On Yourself — Not What Others Think
Toolmonger: "As any Toolmonger knows, opinions are like, um, cheap screwdrivers: every “old tool guy” has a drawer full. And while the advice of “old tool guys” can save your ass, sometimes it’s just based on the tool-guy equivalent of old wives’ tales. So it shouldn’t have surprised me that I received an earful from the peanut gallery when I told them about my recent 8′ x 3′ bookcase project — and how I made the 8′ cuts with a Skilsaw instead of a table saw. Based on all the guffawing and laughter, you’d think I told them I was trying to hammer nails with a pencil."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment