CMU School of Drama


Thursday, October 05, 2006

Holocaust survivor faces his yesterday in the world today

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: "Playwright Amy Hartman didn't personally witness the atrocities of the Holocaust, but she has experienced them through the eyes of Jack Sittsamer, 87, of Squirrel Hill, a Holocaust survivor and the inspiration for her new play, 'Mazel.'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great to have this kind of plays that try to remember the international history, so it is not repeated again.

Last year I had the opportunity to visit Auschwitz and I think I will never experience nothing similar. It was horrible to be there and imagine what those people suffered for months. No matter I had already seen the same images thousand of times in the cinema or in documentaries… Being there and looking at the photos, the rooms full with shoes, suitcases… It was terrifying.

I wonder if Jack Sittsamer will be able to attend the premiere. That would be very touching.


Laura Prieto García