CMU School of Drama


Friday, March 01, 2013

John Ensor Parker Talks TEDx and Projection

www.projectionfreak.com: TED talks are all the rage- and this one made my Monday! John Ensor Parker is a projection artist who recently did CODEX Dynamic at the DUMBO Artsfest. His work is pretty fascinating and this video gives just a little glimpse into the process behind making a large-scale work like CODEX happen. Yeah, yeah…we all know it takes servers and projectors and lots of cable- but John emphasizes the importance of knowing where our medium came from….we owe a lot to the past.

1 comment:

Akiva said...

This ted talk is really great! I never really knew this much about projection art before. I have been very interested in projection art for a few years, but because it is a "new art" I have had a hard time learning about it. I love the technical knowledge that he shares, but I also love that he talks about physics and art history. I feel much like he did about mechanical engineering about theatre. Theatre teaches me just the right amount so many subjects that I get a fantastic world view. I want to try working with this sort of projection technology.