CMU School of Drama


Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beautiful and Inspiring Work Spaces We Wish Were Ours

CollegeCandy: I’m not very productive when I try to get work done in my room. But there are so many times when, even though I know I should go out to the library, all I want to do is stay in. And curl up on my bed to read, which is never a good idea. I think it might help a bit if I had a more organized, functional workspace in my room. Since I live in a dorm, I’m a bit limited, but that doesn’t mean I can’t dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just saying in a comment on another article that I don't work very productively at home. This article made me realize that one thing I can do about this problem is to make my home workspace more comfortable and less distracting. I love the spaces that face a window and I'm currently racking my brain for a way to turn my sideways so that I can face the window too! Another thing that I liked about these workspaces is that they're not full of clutter. Some of them have a lot of stuff around- but it is all useful stuff, and the stuff is all organized! I don't have a very good system for organizing my desk, or for my work/art/school supplies in general, for that matter. I have never really been one to sit at a desk and work. At home in Las Vegas I always did homework in front of the TV with my mom! We are currently reading Getting Things Done in PRM. Along with trying to implement that system this summer, I think I'm going to try to find a way to have a more organized, more feng-shui workspace in my apartment so that I can be productive in the comfort of my own home!