CMU School of Drama


Friday, February 24, 2012

In which I assume

That's Church: If you had stopped me on Tuesday and asked me what my plans were for that evening, I would have said, “My husband made reservations to take me to dinner and then I’m going to see Cirque du Soleil perform with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.”
My sister called. “What fun thing are you up to this evening?”
I said, “Seeing Cirque du Soleil perform with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra at Heinz Hall.”
And she said, “Fun!”

1 comment:

caschwartz said...

I always think it's interesting how our preconceived notions can effect our perceptions of the show. Having been warned that this show is not, in fact, Cirque du Soleil performed with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will future audiences who have read the article experience the same first punch of awe when the show starts as the author of the article did? They may experience the same awe as the author did during the rest of the performance, but their experience may be altered due to altered expectations.