CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Response to Isaac re: CRADLE

Theatre Ideas: In response to my post yesterday, Isaac stepped forward (with some trepidation, I got the feeling) and asked a couple good questions. Rather then bury my response, I thought it deserved a full post. Here is what Isaac wrote:
"One thing that happens in urban environments (beyond their sucking up all the arts subsidy money) is that minorities and underprivileged people of various kinds tend to cluster in them, whether they be gay, people of color or poor. I honestly believe this is one of the reasons (not the only, i agree that urbanist prejudice probably plays a part, along with our willing denial of class dynamics) why funders wanting to encourage diversity in the arts target cities... you can get a lot of bang for your buck in them."

1 comment:

Scott Walters said...

Please note: this is not MY comment, but something submitted to me for response.

So if you want to discuss something, you might want to consider whether this statement is based on data or a stereotype.