CMU School of Drama


Thursday, September 28, 2017

Television Academy Announces Recipients of the 69th Engineering Emmy Awards

Sound & Picture: The Television Academy today announced the recipients of the 69th Engineering Emmy® Awards honoring an individual, company or organization for developments in broadcast technology. Kirsten Vangsness, star of the critically acclaimed CBS drama Criminal Minds, will host the awards for the second consecutive year on Wednesday, October 25, at the Loews Hollywood Hotel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have never really been one to watch awards shows because my parents didn't really watch them, but about 3 years ago, I watched my first Academy Awards Show, and I was hooked. I watched the Emmy's when my friend's dad was nominated, and I loved watching the red carpet beforehand looking at all the famous people nominated. So, it saddens me that I had no idea there were Engineering Emmy Awards. Being on the technical side of tech, awards shows for people of tech should be something I am aware of, and something that I help advertise. Television would not be as amazing as it is without the amazing minds of engineers for art. They are underappreciated, and the reason cinema is what it is, so they deserve more credit for the science behind television, and this awards show needs more publicity.