CMU School of Drama


Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thinkwell Releases Findings of Nationwide Survey on Mobile Integration in Theme Parks

InPark Magazine: Thinkwell Group, a worldwide entertainment design and production firm that specializes in theme parks, major attractions, museum exhibits and live shows, today released the findings of a nationwide survey analyzing behavioral patterns as they relate to existing and potential mobile integration into the theme park experience. This survey marks the launch of Thinkwell’s Guest Experience Trend Report, which will provide market research insights to the themed entertainment industry. This annual report will measure and distill consumer interests in varying topics related to guest experiences.

2 comments:

Camille Rohrlich said...

Well, that was disappointing. I clicked on the survey results info-graphic and looked at that before reading the article. The design was neat and some of the statistics interesting, although overall there weren't exactly big surprises. And then when I went to read the article, I expected some analysis, some explanation of what this data is going to lead to and what it says about mobile users and theme park goers. Instead, it more or less just repeated what the info-graphic had already told me, with some explanation of what Thinkwell is, and what they do.
I don't go to theme parks often, and this data isn't particularly interesting to me, but now I wish that I'd learnt more on this topic. Such a tease. I think that while the Internet allows for greater travel of information and sharing of opinion, it also sometimes lead to over-sharing even when there isn't content to cover. If publishing this article had cost space on a newspaper page, it would've consisted of the graphic and a very condensed version of the article. And I might've liked that better.

Unknown said...

I think this is a really interesting article. I'm actually really surprised to find out how little mobile device usage is employed in theme parks. When I read the article all I could think of was how much potential there is for mobile devices in theme parks. Guests could use their device to navigate the park, get live updates of lines, or even get emergency information. I think this would add to the experience of the park without really distracting guests very much.