Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I must confess I never had heard about The Pittsburgh Speakers Series. After reading this article about Norah Ephron, I was interested in what other speakers the series include. I have found that the personalilities that are about to come during the next months are really interesting but I am very surprise to find out about the prices… It is not only that the the tickets are so expensive… but also that you cannot buy a single ticket for a single lecture.
Personally I think this is not the way of making culture accesible to anyone.
In any case, though I am not a completely fan of Nora Ephron (does anyone else think see has become too mushy?), it´s worthy to listen to the woman that opened male´s eyes about orgasms… Personally I liked her better when she was more ironic about relationships than romantic, but anyway, I think her comedies are still funny.
Laura Prieto Garcia
Post a Comment