CMU School of Drama


Sunday, October 08, 2006

Production Planning - Calendar/QTO Assignment

A question:
The workers are supposed to work from Monday to Friday, from 6:30 to 10:30 pm, right? They must finish by Friday November 3rd... But, when are they supposed to start? When is our starting date?
An answer:
You should start at the end. The beginning will be determined by how many hours you estimated the work will take. For a given schedule with a given crew there is a start, an end, and an amount of work. Two of the three always determine the third. Either I have a start and an amount and I will tell you the end, or I have the end and an amount and I tell you when I have to start, or I have a start and an end and I tell you how much I can do in that time.

For this project you have an end and an amount of work. Given a typical daily schedule and a number of crew you will need to determine the start date.

No comments: