CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Student Aid Bill of Rights: Enhancing Protections for Student Loan Borrowers

The White House: The single most important investment anyone can make in their future is to pursue higher education. But the one thing I often hear from families is that they are worried about the cost. Too many students are graduating from college feeling burdened by their student loan debt. The Obama Administration has – and will continue to – make college more affordable through increased Pell Grants and education tax credits, while improving transparency so that students and families have the information they need to select schools that provide the best value. Today, we are building on the Administration’s success helping students manage their debt and stay on track.

1 comment:

Sasha Mieles said...

When I was in senior year of high school, I wanted to go to college so badly that I decided to take it into my own hands. I worked every night at whatever job I could get, whether it be at McDonalds, a flower shop, Stop and Shop. Whatever the job, I would work as long as it paid. Through that really long year, I raised myself enough money to go to school for about half a semester. It was the most heart-breaking part of my life when I realized that my efforts to be able to go to college were not enough. My parent’s didn’t have enough to pay for me and my sister to go to school, and so for a good three months I didn’t think that I would get to go to college at all. The only reason I’m here now is because of loans and grants, and the amount of money I will owe when getting out of college terrifies me. I am really hoping that this bill actually helps out people like me, because if not, I am certain to have debt for the rest of my life.