CMU School of Drama


Friday, March 27, 2015

Ingrid Schaffner to curate 2018-19 Carnegie International

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Ingrid Schaffner, a well-known art historian, author and scholar, will curate the 57th Carnegie International, opening fall 2018 at the Carnegie Museum of Art.

For the past 15 years, Ms. Schaffner has directed the exhibition program as chief curator at the Institute of Contemporary Art at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. She divides her time between Philadelphia and Lubbock, Texas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are so many awesome things about this article! First off, this is an amazing event and I wish it had more notoriety and popularity. I visited during the 2013 event however I was not even aware at the time that it was occurring! I toured the museum and was amazed by everything I saw, only to learn later that it was for the International. I was just in a class today in that we were talking about the Carnegie International. We learned a little about the event and what it did, but this article was able to flesh that out a little more. Next, it is great that the new curator for the event has roots in Pittsburgh, considering a good majority draw of the population for the event will be from the area. I hope that I will be able to attend some of this event because the experience she has I think will definitely elevate the event.