CMU School of Drama


Monday, August 05, 2013

10 Ways to Improve Your Time Management Skills

www.lifehack.org: Do you often feel stressed out with too much of workload? As time passes by, do you feel like you have more tasks on hand than you have time to do them or you could have effectively use your time to complete all the given tasks?

The trick is to organize your tasks and use your time effectively to get more things done each day. This can help you to reduce stress and do better at workplace. Time management is a skill that takes time to develop and is different for each person. You just need to find what works best for you. Use few strategies listed below for few weeks and see if it can help you.

3 comments:

Will Parsons said...

These are very helpful facts and will most likely make things a bit easier for me as I enter junior year. Although I already know and use these tips, it never hurts to review prior knowledge. The biggest thing is learning to make a schedule because if you don't then it is very easy to fall behind, and I cannot afford to fall behind in the upcoming year. Also, learning to say no is another certainly helpful tip because people will attempt to shirk work for others to do and it is a good skill to be able to put your foot down and say no every once in a while

Carmen Alfaro said...

Possessing good time management skills is a necessity in life. Any job will require these skills, and being able to effectively use your time will save you a lot of stress later. Although I would say these tips should be self-evident, having a list like this in front of you can remind you to, for example, delegate tasks. Additionally, sometimes its hard to do many of these tips, such as saying no or avoiding multitasking. One thing I would add to this list would be to create a schedule. Although the list does include setting deadlines, a calendar can be very helpful because it visually shows you everything you need to get done by when all in one place.

Christy D said...

My time management is probably my biggest weakness. It always has been, but only recently have I realized just how bad it is. So, I've been trying to get better. In fact, I've tried several of the strategies outlined in this article and, low and behold, they work. One night, I was so stressed out that I just grabbed a pad of sticky-notes and wrote down everything that I thought I had to do before going to bed that night and then stuck them to my desk. This lay-out allowed me to prioritize, group my tasks, and throw out what wasn't really necessary. I've still got a long way to go, but with the strategies I've learned from experience and this article, I think I'll get there.