CMU School of Drama


Thursday, September 27, 2018

7 Very Best Job Sites on The Web to Help You Advance Your Career

www.lifehack.org: You may already know that you’re good in your field, but you need to know more. Here’s what I mean: Write down your soft and hard skills. Hard skills are ones that are more technical and taught in a classroom. For example, learning to read, write, math problems and so on. Soft skills relate to the way you interact with others. So, the way you interact with your team and friends determine which soft skills you have.

1 comment:

JinAh Lee said...

This article has so much information to unpack. The seven websites are useful info. Having the soft skills, talking to people who already may have the job you want, volunteering, learning about personal finances, building a side hustle business to learn about entrepreneurship, getting certified and knowing average salary in the industry are all very necessary. But really I want to talk about the game plan to advance your career part. When I first started out, I did not know what to do to advance my career. I was occupied with getting as many gigs as possible, but did not think that I should evaluate myself, ask feedback or set goals. This is something that really did not occur to me until I came to grad school. Now I know that that is exactly why I felt so lost and confused during the freelancing period. I think it is really important to keep the evaluation, feedback and goals in mind especially when you are freelancing so that you don’t get lost trying to stay afloat.