CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Garden of Inspiration: Going Green with Radical Evolution and The Movement Theatre Company

HowlRound: With temperatures approaching 90 degrees on Saturday August 1, I emerged from a regrettable, yet nostalgic, un-air-conditioned 6 Train onto 116th street. Behind me, a street fair stretched beyond Lexington, while music drifted down the block from La Marqueta under the tracks on Park. There lays the satisfying, easy, authentic chaos of Spanish Harlem and The Movement Theatre Company and Radical Evolution’s pop up performance Go Green at the Urban Garden Center.

1 comment:

Vanessa Ramon said...

I always love to hear how theatre is being innovated and brought to a new level never seen before because it reminds me just how wonderfully universal our art form is. It sounds like what The Movement Theatre Company and Radical Evolution have created an experience like no other. The fact that the performance seemed so homey and organic is really refreshing to hear and makes me want to go myself. I think its awesome when a person can feel 'part of something' when they go see a performance because that is something I love about working on a performance. My favorite part of the article is when the author wrote "These beautiful yet simple images evoked summer in New York in a way that a grizzled native might not pause long enough to see anymore.". I think it is so incredible that a performance can teach the audience about things they already know, or remind them of the simple things in life that they have a personal connection with.