CMU School of Drama


Friday, January 18, 2013

11 Steps to Becoming a Late Night TV Writer From Sara Schaefer

www.backstage.com: “There are some really easy, basic things you can do to improve your chances of getting a job writing for TV,” says Sara Schaefer, a comedian and host who has written for BestWeekEver.tv and “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire,” won two Emmys as the head blogger for “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” and was named one of Backstage’s “10 Comics to Watch” in 2011. Now she’s sharing some of these simple tips for her peers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It seems like everyone has problems presenting themselves these days. I can't decided if it's a good thing that this exists, or if it's sad that people can't remember to spell check a professional document. I really enjoyed the actual advice about comedy writing. I'm definitely not a writer but I have always found it interesting, and I know that comedy is probably the hardest thing to write because it's extremely difficult to be funny. It's so interesting how there's a formula to writing jokes, and I hadn't really ever heard about it before.