CMU School of Drama


Sunday, December 10, 2017

NFTRW Weekly Top Five

Here are the top five comment generating posts of the past week:

What I Learned By Letting My Mood Dictate How I Worked For A Month

www.fastcompany.com: My job has two basic parts, and chances are yours does, too:
Generating ideas
Implementing them
In my case, as a writer, the challenge is to come up with something to write about in the first place, and then turn that idea into some sort of coherent, engaging piece of content. The first half requires creativity, and the second requires me to focus without distraction. Many if not most knowledge workers’ roles are set up similarly: First you’ve got to come up with a solution or an action to take, and then you’ve got to put it into action. Nailing both steps is the real productivity challenge.

The Best Leatherman Multi-tools for EDC

Everyday Carry: For many EDCers, Leatherman needs no introduction. The multi-tool maker has been covering bases and getting things done with their impressive array of tools for decades. But while they have plenty of options in their catalog, some multi-tools are better for EDC than others. Given how useful their tools are, it's a daunting task to pick the best one to carry, but we're here to help.

Please Stop Complimenting Me On My Body

www.refinery29.com: These past couple of weeks have been the most meaningful of my life. Not only do I get to continue to live my dream every single night on Broadway with the most talented, radiant company, but I'm also lucky enough to be in Lady Bird, Greta Gerwig’s deeply human, hysterical, heart wrenching, magical film. And yet, with all of these insanely wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime experiences happening, I have been a little confused lately. You see, people seem to have a lot to say to me. That alone is not that surprising; I’m a dreamy conversationalist! It is the topic of conversation that is puzzling. Everyone keeps commenting on something that I haven’t thought about in years: my body.

pantone announces 'ultra violet' as 2018 color of the year

www.designboom.com: following marsala in 2015, rose quartz and serenity in 2016, and greenery in 2017, pantone has announced that its 2018 color of the year is… ‘ultra violet’. described as ‘inventive’ and ‘imaginative’, the color experts say that the shade communicates ‘originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us toward the future’.

Can't Pay Your Student Loans? In Some States, That Means You Can't Work Either.

Hit & Run : Reason.com: Shannon Otto took on thousands of dollars in student loan debt to pay for nursing school before an unexpected medical issue left her unable to work for more than a year. While she was recovering, her loan payments lapsed into default. When Otto was ready to go back to work, she got more bad news: The state of Tennessee had revoked her nursing license, leaving her unable to work legally in the field she'd spent years mastering. Getting her license restored would require an additional payment of $1,500.

No comments: