CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Lee Trull Accused of Misconduct

TheaterJones: In the Dallas Theater Center’s early seasons at the Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre, which opened in 2009, a Southern Methodist University student who performed at the theater says that Lee Trull, then a DTC casting director and a Hal and Diane Brierley Resident Acting Company member, repeatedly harassed her. At one point he “put his hand on my butt and grabbed it hard,” said the actress, who wishes to remain anonymous. This behavior continued—and worsened.

1 comment:

Sylvi said...

This was a very strange article to read. I ran wardrobe on a show Lee Trull was in once and had almost exactly the same experiences as many of these women. It was not a pleasant time, but I did not report anything. I am now examining myself about why I didn’t say anything. First, I don’t know who I would have reported to. A stage manager? In some ways it was flattering to have all the attention. I never felt unsafe, just not in control. I think that is part of this murky area. Women are used to unwanted advances and deciding when that moment is that it is no longer “ok” is difficult.
I also now understand why there are strings of sexual harassment reports after one person comes forward. Just hearing all of these other stories seems to validate my own experiences. I didn’t forget what happened, but I did downplay how inappropriate the situation was.