CMU School of Drama


Friday, February 29, 2008

The Piano Lesson

Pittsburgh City Paper - Pittsburgh: "As I was sitting at Carnegie Mellon University watching the drama department's staging of August Wilson's The Piano Lesson, it occurred to me that this was the first local college production of a play by a man who is arguably the most famous theater artist ever to come out of Pittsburgh. If I'm wrong, I'm sure the phone calls will come trickling in. But to the best of my 20-year recollection, no local college (meaning a company with an all-student cast) has done a Wilson play."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how this is a review for CMU's production of Piano Lesson yet there is only a paragraph of this article actually about the production. I'm very surprised that neither of the reviews liked the design of the show. This review did not notice the design and the other review posted on Thursday said that the level was low on set design for CMU. Personally I am really surprised by this. I really enjoyed the show but I especially enjoyed all of the designs as well.