CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, September 08, 2015

A High-End Truck Toolbox

Tools of the Trade: Billy Boxes is a company in Austin, Texas that makes aluminum saddle boxes for full-size pickups. Each Billy Box is made-to-order from 12-gauge aluminum instead of the 14-gauge and thinner material used by competitors that mass-produce boxes. Seams receive continuous welds and are ground smooth prior to the application of the powder coat finish of the purchaser’s choice; there are 25 colors to choose from.

1 comment:

Kimberly McSweeney said...

If I ever accomplish my dreams of owning my own pick up truck, I definitely want to trick it out with a Billy Box. These things are so customizable in terms of storage and compatibility that I cannot imagine anyone not being able to find what they need in one of their products. The functionality of these boxes is amazing and I love the under-lid storage made available by the cinch-straps connected to the underside of the lid. I also like the fact that you don’t have to drill into your truck to install it, incase you change your mind about having it on or you want to preserve your truck. The dazzling features are of course awesome as well, I mean, who wouldn’t want to have a cool storage box filled with LEDs or bust out some tunes from their customized speaker system? Tailgating would never be the same – but for the better.