CMU School of Drama


Monday, October 01, 2012

Michael Boyd: the modest man who saved the RSC

Telegraph: At the Royal Shakespeare Company’s annual general meeting today, Michael Boyd will bring to a close his decade in charge. Instead of indulging in wild celebrations, or sleeping for the next 10 weeks to recover from 10 years of unrelenting pressure, he will mark the occasion by quietly returning to the rehearsal room, where he is preparing his outgoing production, Pushkin’s epic Boris Godunov.

1 comment:

tspeegle said...

I hope that this is the goal for all of us as we leave school. Our contributions to the world should be great, but we should remain humble. Michael Boyd probably knows that as much as he loves theatre, it could all be taken away in a moment’s notice. I have had a short journey through this profession, but I have always teetered between employment and homelessness. This is something that I hope to always remember as I make my career in this business. No matter what level of the profession I reach, I will remain humble and deeply grateful that I am still working.